Participants and instructors will be meeting together and driving out to the location together. We will stop at the Extra Foods in Squamish to meet as a group, and will drive out together the rest of the way. Exact times and location will be sent to you once you have registered.
The list below is a guideline of items you should bring on the course. You do not need everything on the list. We do want you to consider the important items and we want you to be prepared and comfortable. Note that we could have very hot days, and cold nights — so pack for all conditions
**Please note that watches, lighters and cellphones are items we are encouraging you not to bring. If you have to bring them, we ask that they stay at your camp. We are aiming to create a primitive environment, free of technology. This is a great chance to take a break from all of your electronic devices.
This is a DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE event.
Having the following items will be helpful for you while out in the woods. If you don’t have all the items, dont be concerned, this is just a list of things that will be useful.
- Tent (or a tarp)
- Sleeping bag and/or wool blanket
- Wool socks (2)
- Good sturdy shoes
- Long john top (wool or synthetic)
- Mid-weight shirt/sweater (wool or fleece)
- Mid-weight jacket (wool or synthetic)
- Long john bottom (wool or synthetic)
- Sturdy pants (synthetic)
- Shorts – days can get hot!
- Day pack, capable of carrying 20-25 pounds, and around 1800-2500 cu. in. (30-40 litres)
- A 1-litre water bottle
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss
- Sharp sheath knife (Mora/Frosts knife recommended, available for sale for $20 @ MEC or Lee Valley). NO folding knives
- Personal medication/necessities (Eyeglasses – contacts not recommended, tampons for those who need them)
- Sleeping pad
- Folding saw/small hatchet/Leatherman
- Compass (simple Suunto or Silva compass with adjustable declination)
- Leather gloves (for skills)
- Cotton bandanas
- An extra water bottle
- Lip balm/sunscreen (unscented)
Breakfast and Dinner will be provided. Please feel free to bring any extra food you feel you might need throughout the day.